Along with the team competition there will be lots of other things going on at Savilahti during the day. These activities do not require registration and are free of charge.
The team competition starts at Savilahti at 13.00. Register for the four-person team competition via Kide.app. Names of the members and a name for the team are required during registration.
Participation fee for the team competition is 13€/student. Team gets one event pass, where you can find your team number. Team members also get tickets to the afterparty in Apteekkari and Winterfest overall patches.
The team competition has limited amount of tickets for sale, and tickets usually run out on the first day.
- Competition is held at Savilahti from 13.00 to 17.00 and in restaurant Amarillo from 18.00 to 21.00
- Each team has 4 members
- Team leader is the one who takes care of the “event passport,” and takes the team to all the task point
- Each team has their own ID number (a short number code), which need to be remembered by each team
- Tasks can be completed in any order the team wishes
- During the day each team is required to visit all the tasks at the Savilahti area and the last task in pub Apteekkari.
- All task are fast and do not require any special skills. Good team spirit and adventurous minds will be highly appreciated!
1. 4 x Smart watch, Samsung Galaxy Whatch4
2. Tahko party weekend 2 days Break Sokos Hotel Tahko SuperiorX room + party tickets to the Piazza for 4 people
3. 4 x 100 € (green activity ticket)
4. Sauna evening in Puikkari
5. 4 x 40 € gift cards for Food & Joy
6. Apteekkari Club VIP table
7. 2 h glow bowling in Kuopio bowling alley
+ Samsung Galaxy Whatch4 will be awarded in a raffle between all the participants of the group competition
The prizes will be awarded in Apteekkari at 00.00.
Student ice fishing competition is from 12.00 to 14.00. The competition area is located at the parking lot end of the area.
- Participation is free of charge
- Participants must bring their own hooks and baits with them
- The competition are will be marked
- The holes have been drilled in advance
- The largest fish wins the competition
- Person with the highest amount of fish will also be rewarded
You can register for the competition by sending an email to jari.smolander(ät)savonia.fi. (Signing up at the competition location is also possible)
- The main prize for the largest fish is 100€.
- The person with the greatest amount of fish will be awarded 50€.
- The winner will be announced immediately after the competition.
DG-snow football tournament starts at 12.00. The first 16 teams registered can participate. The teams must be mixed teams consisting of players representing more than one gender. Maximum size for the team is 10 players of which 1 + 4 will be on the field.
In order to sign up fill this form by February 23, 2023 clock 23.59 at the latest.
- 10 x Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite headphones + a ticket to Apteekkari
- 10 x food gift cards to Amarillo
- 2 h glow bowling at Kuopio bowling alley
The tickets will be awarded after the final, other prizes will be awarded in Apteekkari at 00.00.
During Winterfest, student’s snow bowling WF-championship event will be held. Bowling will be non-stop, requires no registration and is free of charge. Winner will be awarded 1h bowling at Kuopio bowling alley.
In between the team competition, you can challenge your mates in human curling. Competition takes place in a “real” curling track, where the goal is to get a studentstone to the center of the base.
Two teams of four students can participate. Both teams have 3 snow gliders where a student sits as a stone. First student sits on the glider and two others push the stone while the last one can brush the course to make it more slippery. The studentstone stays in place.
The opposing team throws a studentstrone in the same way and tries to get the other team’s stone out of the base and their stone as close to the center as possible.
With the second studentstone, the team can choose whether it needs to pushers or a pusher and a brusher. The third studentstone has only one pusher.
Winner is the team whose studentstone is the closest to the center. If the winning team has multiple stones in the base, points will be awarded accordingly.
Overall patch sale
Overall patches will be sold at ISYY’s office in Lukema. The Winterfest patch as well as many others from the organising student associations can be found in the sale. All patches are priced 3€ per piece.
Warm juice and hot sausage
Free sausages and hot juice, sponsored by Fazer, will be handed out at the info desk for as long as supplies last.
During or after the competition, it is possible to enjoy the sauna or chill in a hot tub provided by Kuopio Engineering students. The sauna and the tub will be warm from 13.00 till 18.00. No towels are provided so please bring your own.
The karaoke contest will be held at the restaurant Hospoda Koza (Kauppakatu 45, Kauppakeskus Apaja) on Tuesday 28 February 2023 from 18:00 to 21:00. You don’t need to pre-register for the competition, you can register for the competition on the spot. An incorruptible jury will evaluate your performance based on your singing voice and performance. In the competition, the three best performances are awarded with gift cards.
- 120 € + cup
- 50 €
- 30 €
The prizes will be awarded at the Winterfest evening party in Apteekkari around midnight. If you can’t get to the place to pick up the prize, it will be delivered to you later.
The program continues at restaurant Amarillo from 18.00.
The final task for the team competition is located at Amarillo, which has to be completed by 21.00 at the latest.
The event continues at Apteekkari from 19.00 till closing time. Be there on time, because the lines to leave your coats are longest after 22.00 o’clock.
Please note, entrance with pre-purchased ticket only from 19.00 till 22.00.
The entertainer of the night is Mikael Gabriel.
The winners of the competitions will be announced around 00.00
Few tickets will still be sold at the door. Tickets 13€ from the door (includes the event badge!) or 10€. NOTE! Ticket sale starts at 22.30.
Note: those of you who participate the team competition, the participation fee (13€) already includes the ticket for the after party.